Mar 29, 2008
While in a grove I sate reclined,
In that sweet mood when pleasant thoughts
Bring sad thoughts to the mind.
To her fair works did Nature link
The human soul that through me ran;
And much it grieved my heart to think
What man has made of man.
Through primrose tufts, in that green bower,
The periwinkle trailed its wreaths;
And ’tis my faith that every flower
Enjoys the air it breathes.
The birds around me hopped and played,
Their thoughts I cannot measure:--
But the least motion which they made
It seemed a thrill of pleasure.
The budding twigs spread out their fan,
To catch the breezy air;
And I must think, do all I can,
That there was pleasure there.
If this belief from heaven be sent,
If such be Nature’s holy plan,
Have I not reason to lament
What man has made of man?
Mar 28, 2008
The exam code for Sun Certified Programmer for the Java Platform, Standard Edition 5.0 is 310-055.
This certification program tests the basic skill and concept of a Java programmer with tricky questions ! Maximum questions have multiple choice answers , 20-25% of are drag-n-drop format, that means one has to drag the options to the correct place.
To prepare for the exam , first we have to make up our mind ! Yes, if you are determined, half the work is done.
And for registration, have to purchase the exam voucher( price varies from 200 to 300 $) that contains a unique id for each examinee. This voucher expires within one year, so once you have bought the voucher, you should sit for the exam within this period unless you don't want to waste your money.
For preparation, the best reference book will be SCJP Sun Certified Programmer for Java 5 Study Guide (Exam 310-055) by Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates.
There are loads of other helpful materials in the web and many forums who discuss about SCJP.
The certification tests on some special criteria, these are listed as the exam objectives. They are as follows:
- Collections / Generics
- Declarations, Initialization and Scoping
- Flow Control
- API Contents
- Concurrency: thread
- OO Concepts
someone is in short of time preparing, he can have perfect
conception about at least 5 of the topics and seem through the others.
Total time of the exam is 3 and half an hour, so time is not a problem at all. But it won't be intelligent to make any rush. Take your time and prepare in relax mood :) This is the way I've done it. First I thought it would be very difficult because I was extremely busy with other stuff and had no time to practice !
You can go back and forth while answering, can also change the answer of any previously answered question. So this is quite flexible in comparison with other computer aided test.
After becoming a sun certified java programmer, anyone can use the certification logo on his/her website or blog with the permission of Sun. Isn't it nice?
As this is an international certification and given none other than Sun itself, one can easily realize that it can be a boost into one's carrier and a nice thing to add on the CV.
Mar 23, 2008
Five he got right:
1. Clarke was the first to suggest that satellites which remain at a fixed point relative to Earth could be used for worldwide communications. The geostationary orbit is now known as the "Clarke orbit".
2. The father of the internet, Sir Tim Berners-Lee credits Clarke's short story, Dial F for Frankenstein, as an inspiration.
3. In his novel Rendezvous With Rama, Clarke created "Project Spaceguard", a system to track asteroids that might collide with Earth. When such a system was set up in 1996, it was called "Spaceguard", in homage.
4. The space station, now under construction, was put on screen in 1968 by Clarke and Stanley Kubrick in 2001: A Space Odyssey.
5. In 1951 Clarke envisaged nuclear-powered spacecraft, a prediction that came true with several satellites, launched by the Soviet Union, which had small reactors on board.
read more | digg story
Most often, signs and symptoms of bird flu resemble those of conventional influenza, including:
- Sore throat
- Muscle aches
Some suggestion from experts about preventing bird flu:
- Steer clear of raw eggs. Because eggshells are often contaminated with bird droppings, avoid mayonnaise, hollandaise sauce, ice cream, and any other foods containing raw or undercooked eggs.
- Wash well. While preparing poultry for cooking, carefully wash cutting boards and all surfaces that have come into contact with raw poultry in hot, soapy water. Wash your hands thoroughly before and after handling poultry and dry them with a disposable towel.
- Cook thoroughly. Cook chicken until the juices run clear, and it reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165 F (74 C).
read more | digg story
Mar 13, 2008
Then returned to the boat and headed towards the Jamdani Village. Many weaver-family live in this village and their family business is to make jamdani shari.